Explore Your Voice with Talibah
From June 16th every Friday 11.30-12.30 pm
Explore Your Voice with Talibah (incorporating relaxation and movement). Will also occasionally include, meditation, yoga and dance from guest practitioners to be announced.
Focused, yet playful singing classes devised to discover the joy of singing and using our voices. There are no wrong notes in this workshop and we will express ourselves in a space of non-judgement. Talibah can teach anyone to sing and will provide a safe supportive environment for this to happen. She believes if you can speak you can sing! These classes are for anyone that wants to communicate more expressively and effectively in all areas of their lives.
The aim of the class is to sing from a foundation of relaxation, we will always incorporate; movement because it is essential to warm up our voices before singing.
This class is inclusive and open to:
- Absolute beginners who want to sing and who think they ‘can’t’ in fact anyone who wants to explore what their voices can do
- Experienced singers who want to explore a different approach to singing and to find undiscovered facets to their voices.
The class will:
- Experience singing from a foundation of relaxation
- Focus on breath and become aware of points of tension in the body
- Use spoken word and chants
- Practise playing with dynamics
- Explore the different sounds our voices can make both musical and non musical
- Create our own songs through improvisation exercises
- Share songs to sing together
- Have fun singing in a group and more!
Please contact Talibah if there are any special requirements you may need in order to take the class.
Further info and how to book
For further information please feel free to call Talibah for a chat:
Talibah – 07752 522636 or e-mail: email@example.com
The class price is £10.00 drop in £8.00 if 4 classes purchased in advance doesn’t have to be consecutive but must be used within 8 weeks.
About Talibah Rivers
Talibah Rivers is a singer with a distinctive voice firmly rooted in jazz and experimental styles of music. She is exceptionally creative and also has a BA Hons degree in Art Textiles and a Foundation in Art psychotherapy both gained from Goldsmiths University. She has spent over 20 years developing her voice and finding her sound, performing in venues around the country and internationally (Spain and Germany) at prestigious venues such as The Royal Festival Hall front room and Queen Elizabeth Hall and the Vortex jazz bar. She is a qualified teacher with a level 3 Award in Education and Training gained at CM Sounds – Community Music organisation. She has taken part in many singing workshops from body percussion and jazz improvisation to Indian raga music and is keen to share the wealth of information she has accrued. Talibah strongly believes that if you can speak you can sing and is confident that she can teach anyone to sing. She is truly passionate about encouraging people to find their own true voices and feels privileged to be a part of their journey.